Purple Mash School Closure Home Learning
To support our home-learning package, we will be providing 'School Closure Remote Learning' using Purple Mash, which will provide a selection of daily activities appropriate to your child's age range and interests.
The schedule of lessons to support home learning can be found here:
Your child’s login will be provided in their home learning pack from school.
You can also register as a parent. You can start using Parent Portal by following the 3 simple steps below.
Step 1: Enter the username on your child’s login card.
Step 2: Click ‘Register as a parent’.
Step 3: Enter the ‘Parent Code’ on your child’s login card and follow additional instructions. If you have any questions, please contact the school office.
Your child may have also been set a 2do by the teacher-just click on the 2do icon to see the set work.
What is Purple Mash?
Purple Mash is a comprehensive suite of online learning tools and content, designed to be used by Primary aged children in the classroom and at home.
Find out more here: https://2simple.com/parents
What should you do first?
To begin with, it’s a good idea to log in to Purple Mash with your child.
We suggest the following:
- Familiarising yourself with the menu icons.
- Looking at any set tasks that have been given to your child (2Dos)
- Finding out about Class Blogs and Display Boards accessible via the Sharing Icon
- Exploring the grammar, maths and spelling activities which match to the National Curriculum
- Play one of many fun, educational collaborative games such as 2Race
- Delve into the Science area and find out about all the areas of Science it covers
- Investigate the Topics area to support securing their knowledge of the wider curriculum
- Tour the Computing area trying out some of the tools such as 2Code, 2Go and Logo
- Get creative in the Tools section, from making an animation to building a printable 3D model
- Dive into Serial Mash (an online library of books)
- Learn through play in Mini Mash (For children aged 3 to 5).